Milk Thistle and Dandelion are herbs that traditionally being used as liver tonic. The combination of milk thistle and dandelion in one formulation helps to promote liver health.
What is Milk Thistle and Dandelion?
- The core constituent of milk thistle is silymarin that exhibits liver-protective properties.
- Silymarin is flavanolignans extracted from the fruits of milk thistle. Silybin is one of the most active constituents found in silymarin. 1
- Dandelion is a nutritious healing herb with a medicinal reputation for centuries.
How does Milk Thistle and Dandelion help in maintaining liver health?
- Silybin acts as an antioxidant to scavenge free radicals and inhibit lipid peroxidation. 2
- Silybin helps in detoxification by blocking the release and reabsorption of foreign substances. 3
- Silybin enhances the protein synthesis which stimulate the regeneration and repair of liver cells. 4
- Dandelion increases the bile release from gall bladder (cholagogue effect). 5
- This enhances the bile production in the liver (choleretic effect) which aids in fat digestion. 6
- Dandelion has diuretic effect which helps to eliminate toxins out of the body. 7
Who are recommended to take Milk Thistle and Dandelion?
- Those who are having unhealthy or stressful lifestyle
- Those who wish to maintain their liver health
What is the recommended dosage?
Adults: One tablet 3 times daily with food or as recommended by your health professional.
Children (6-12years): One tablet daily with food or as recommended by your health professional.
What are the features of Milk Thistle and Dandelion?
- 2-in-1 formulation to maintain liver health
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers
|Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) fruit extract||42.86mg|
|(equiv. to Milk Thistle dried fruit 3000mg)|
|Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) root extract||75.00mg|
|(equiv. to Dandelion dried root 300mg)|