Livasil is traditionally used as liver tonic. It contains high strength milk thistle which helps to protect and improve liver function.
What is Livasil?
- Livasil contains high strength milk thistle which is well known for its liver-protective properties and has been medically used for centuries.
- The core constituent of milk thistle is silymarin that consists of at least 7 flavonolignans (silibinin, isosilibinin, silychristin, isosilychristin, and silydianin) and 1 flavonoid (taxifolin) extracted from the fruit of milk thistle. 1
- Among these, silibinin which is also known as silybin, is one of the most active constituents found in silymarin for liver protection. 2
How does Livasil help in maintaining liver health?
- Silybin acts as an antioxidant to scavenge free radicals and inhibit lipid peroxidation. 3
- Silybin helps in detoxification by blocking the release and reabsorption of foreign substances. 4
- Silybin enhances the protein synthesis which stimulate the regeneration and repair of liver cells. 5
Who are recommended to take Livasil?
- Heavy alcohol drinkers
- Those who are having unhealthy or stressful lifestyle
- Those who having high fat food intake or eat out frequently
- Those on long term medication
What is the recommended dosage?
Adults: One tablet daily with food or as recommended by your health professional
What are the features of Livasil?
- Contains 500mg milk thistle extract (standardized to 80% silybin)
- Once-a-day dosage
- Suitable for vegetarian
- Not suitable for pregnant and lactating mothers
Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) fruit extract
(equiv. to Milk Thistle dried fruit 35000mg)
BiO-LiFE Livasil 30S