January 5th is #SpaghettiDay. Who doesn’t love spaghetti?! (rhetorical question indeed).
We can make healthier choices by opting for a whole-grain pasta and of course, eating in moderation. There’s also lots of great, healthy spaghetti recipes that you can find online. Here’s one to get you started, contributed by one of our team members.
It’s pretty simple, and it takes you approximately 20 mins from prep to mouth!
- 250 grams Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil (less is possible)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 250 grams chicken, shredded or cubed (pre-cooked with light seasoning, left-overs also does the trick)
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped Basil Leaves
- 1 Chilli padi, chopped (more or less depending on your spice level)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil spaghetti in salted water as per package instructions. Reserve some pasta water.
- Heat olive oil in a pan (low flame) and add garlic and chilli padi. Saute. Add the pre-cooked chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add pasta water to the pan and let it boil for 2 mins.
- Add the drained pasta and cherry tomatoes and toss in the sauce.
- Lastly, add the Basil leaves. Serve immediately.
For a more complete meal, prepare some salad on the side and VOILA!